Thursday, September 8, 2011

A trip to the Spencer ER

The kids and I were at my parents' house to go the the county fair and we ended up having an exciting night. Isabelle was playing with her cousins and getting ready for bed when she stood up and somehow lost her balance or got her feet tangled in her blanket. She fell and hit her head on a dining room chair, right above her eye,on her eyebrow bone. Split it right open. It was a pretty deep cut that needed either stitches or glue, so I took her to the ER. Poor girl, she was so brave but I'm sure it hurt like hell.



Aunt Angie drove us up there, thankfully. For being a farm girl, I can't drive fast at night in the country anymore. Freaks me out. We got up there swiftly and safely, and I wouldn't have had a clue on how to get to the ER door in the remodeled hopsital. Isabelle put on her bravest face for an 'after glue' pic. She has a pink scar abover her left eye now that hopefully will fade with time and some Vitamin E ointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment