Proud Daddy
Big Sis
All Grown Up
Bye Baby, see you tomorrow
Trying to hold little brother
He didn't like his first photo shoot
The second photo shoot went better.
Isabelle was hot & cold - wanting to be by mom and brother, then not wanting anything to do with us.
Handsome boy
Durbin family of 4I have to admit this - I love staying at the hospital. I don't like staying there when I am working, I like staying there as a patient. Or should I say "Guest?" It almost seems like a hotel; there is room service and people bringing you food (and sometimes gifts!), you can watch movies on the DVD player, you can nap all you want, send the baby to the nursery to get some uninterrupted sleep, there is a full size bed with 10 pillows and you can have pain meds! Ah, it was nice.
Isabelle must have had a little bug or something. She threw up Sunday night in the middle of the night. I was up with her and then couldn't sleep. So much for being well-rested this time around. She also threw up Monday afternoon in my hospital room. Then she threw up again at home Tuesday! I was hoping it was just nerves and all the excitement that was getting to her but I heard that something was going around at daycare. I was scared of getting it too - how fun would it be to be throwing up while trying to recover from a c/section? Thankfully, I never did.
Ethan and I had a lot of visitors. It was also fun to get some cute blue clothes! Daniel's family was able to meet the new kid on the block right away. Most of my family had planned on coming down on Wednesday but the weather had a different plan. NW Iowa got snow and ice that day and even earlier in the week, they had cancelled school because of ice. Tis the season. We also had several friends stop by during our stay. It was nice and relaxing to be able to recover for 3 days. I was up and moving around Tuesday. And Wednesday, I felt like I could do cartwheels. Then of course, I was sore on Thursday. Guess I over did it a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment