Saturday, July 23, 2011

8 Months old



Ethan turned 8 months old - yesterday! I usually never miss a post on their month birthdays but this time I did. Just too busy working, I guess. Oh well. Here's what he's been up to lately.

His latest stats are 18lbs 9.6oz and 27inches (by my measurements). I knew he wasn't 27inches long at 6 months. Just didn't seem right. He's got his two bottom teeth and seems to be working on some more. He's trying new foods and seems to enjoy eating with the rest of us. He's been playing with a sippy cup at meals but hasn't quite figured out how it works yet.


Ethan is a busy boy! He's always grabbing, reaching and twisting for something. He loves to get a good hold on Isabelle's hair and pull. He's still got the tightest and pinchiest finger grip I have ever felt...it hurts! He is in constant motion, always moving from one thing to another, finding the closest toy and lunging himself towards it. He's not crawling yet but he moves around pretty easily. He can go from lying down to sitting up, which makes changing his diaper a chore. He wants to crawl so bad; he gets on his hands and knees from sitting but then one leg gets caught under the other and he's stuck so he just sits up again or gives up and lies on his tummy. I noticed when he sleep, he doesn't curl himself up with his knees under him, so maybe his hip/thigh muscles aren't strong enough yet. (This is the neonatal nurse in me, assessing the developmental process in my baby.) But he's definitly strong enough to pull himself up to things so that theory doesn't hold water. Oh well, he'll get there. He's a big talker and babbles all sorts of things, like dada and mama, even though he doesn't quite make the connection that those sounds are his parents too.

No comments:

Post a Comment