Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventureland

Last Friday, Ethan went to Granny's today and we took Isabelle to Adventureland for some fun. Natalie went with us too! She does so much for us, driving Daniel and the kids to school and work and even picking them up. She's wonderful. This was the least we could do to even start repaying her for her kindness.



All decked out in her favorite color.



We started out in the waterpark area and of course, she had a blast.




It was tough to get her to leave. Once we got her on some other rides, she didn't miss the swimming.









She was able to ride a lot of little rides by herself but needed an adult on the bigger ones. The bigger ones that just go around in a circle....the ones that make me sick to my stomach. And Daddy too. What happened to us? We both used to love riding those rides. I guess we are old now. Even the carousel made my stomach turn! Natalie had to do that one! I did work the night before so I'm going to chalk it up to being super tired.











I didn't get a picture of it but Natalie and I took her on the Galleon (or as I know it from the Clay County Fair, The Sea Dragon). Isabelle was tucked in between Natalie and I. The bar came down and didn't even come close to touching her or holding her in so we criss-crossed out arms over her and held on to her legs. The funniest thing I had seen all day: Isabelle raises her arms up over her head as we start moving. What a dare devil!






We stopped for some ice cream and she almost crashed!






She was fighting it so hard! This pic was right before she started nodding off.



She got her second wind....






We all had a great day! It was so much fun to see Isabelle having fun on the rides. Another reminder that she's growing up. She won some prizes and got to have the full amusment park experience. Even got totally drenched on the log ride...that was AWESOME!! Oh yeah, and I started potty training her this week.....and she did AWESOME at Adventureland with it. I was worried, thinking, "What was I thinking to start potty training when we were going to Adventureland all day??" But she did great. That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment