Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My 'vacation' week

I was off work last week. Originally, I took it off last summer, thinking THIS would be the year I make my comeback to ragbrai....didn't happen. Of course it didn't...I'm too busy to train or even think about training. Between my crazy work schedule and trying to keep things under control on the home front (house clean, everyone fed and happy, laundry done and put away, floors swept and vacuumed, bathroom clean, lawn mowed and somewhat weeded - those are just the basics!), there just wasn't time. I did buy a child seat to go on my bike though. Its still in the box. Next year, baby. Next year.

I know I wasn't going to post any 'new food' pics but these broccoli ones are too funny not to share. Yes, he is wearing a girly pink bib. I didn't buy new ones. He doesn't even keep them on so why even bother?


"Um, what is this stuff anyway? Why is mom always eating it and Dad doesn't?"


"Oh well, its kinda fun to play with!"


My mom was in town to do some shopping early in the week. She had the week off too 'in case we went on Ragbrai." Oh and there is that big wedding coming up next month at the farm we need to get ready for. The kids went to daycare Tuesday while we shopped for Mother of the Groom dresses...but not your typical mom of the groom dresses. My mom is cool....she went with a one-shoulder, short, black little number. Very cute. She couldn't stand the long stringy strands Ethan had behind his ears so she cut them off - with my blessing. He did look pretty scraggly; those pieces were super long and the rest of it was a normal length. So I guess technically that was his first haircut.


Random playtime on the kitchen floor.


Happy Baby! Ethan was fussy early in the week. So was Isabelle so I didn't think much of it. I figured Ethan was working on a tooth and Isabelle was just being herself. ;o) But we planned on leaving for my parents' house later in the week so I took them to the Dr to get checked out. Always a good idea before leaving town. Ethan had an ear infection and Isabelle had scarlet fever! WHAT? Yep, they really were sick and with crazy stuff. In the summer. Weird. Ethan weighed 18lbs 5oz. Isabelle weighed 27lbs 8oz.


I painted Isabelle's toes and fingers. Its harder for her to sit still this summer. I figured it would be easier but nope. She's a girl on the move.


Isabelle and her scarlet fever rash. I guess scarlet fever is just strep throat with a rash. Strep had been going around her daycare and everywhere else.


The second half of the week, Daniel and I took the kids to my parents' house. We had to go to the waterpark - its just so much fun there! And I love the slides. I can't wait until Isabelle can go down them too!







Ethan actaully fell asleep in this floatie thing. He loves the water.


Corn on the cob! And a pink bib. Sorry kiddo.


Isabelle loves corn on the cob too. Its the best when it comes from Grandpa and Grandma's farm.


I had wanted to start potty training Isabelle during this week since I was going to be home. It didn't happen since she was whiney and crabby and sick so...we just wore the undies. She was very excited to put them on - couldn't even wait to take off her PJ's first!

No comments:

Post a Comment