Since I have started working weekend package, the kids and I have been busy during the week with several activites. We have had lots of playdates, attended classes at the Y and even checked out a gymnastics class. It seems like we are never home. Its kind of exhausting, running here and there. But its another reason I wanted to work weekends. And a reason I love working weekends. I have always wanted to be able to do these things with my kids. However, I began to think that maybe I was crazy for signing myself up for all these commitments. After all, I will be running them to activites for the next 18 years! Why start now, right? Enjoy the slow paced, stay at home time while they are young. But where's the fun in that? I think they like the socializing aspect of it and they learn new skills during these activites. Here's some highlights of what we've been up to:
Waterbabies:
Since I have to be in the water with them and Daniel can't be because of his weak legs, I scheduled them on 2 separate nights. Mondays and Wednesdays. That's a lot of running. And changing in and out of swimsuits, trying to keep the kids dry while I am not. and trying to keep them warm too....they both get blue lips and hands the minute they get in and then just shiver the whole time I'm trying to change them. The downtown Y had a sauna I could change them in but at this one. Anyway - for the next session, the teacher took Isabelle and I took Ethan so I was able to have them in the same class. Saved me a TON of time!
Its pretty tough to take pictures of the kids in the water when you are in the water too. So here's some after-shots. I think Isabelle was tired of me trying to take a decent pic of her.
Little Groovers:
This is a YMCA class tfor Isabelle's age group. It was games and dancing and a little bit of crafts. It was fun because I actaully met a lot of new moms in this group that I didn't meet in the tumbling class.
This is a tamborine Isabelle made in class.
Gymnastics:
We checked out a free class at the local gymnastics club but decided we will wait to start her in January. She really liked it and since she has been to the tumbling class at the Y, she was already on pace for her age group. This club is a little bit more advanced than the Y class. In addition to the balance beam and basic tumbling, she will be exposed to more equipment like the uneven bars, spring board and trampolines.
Child Watch at the Y:
The kids go to child watch while I workout. They have a lot of fun there and its getting harder to get them to leave.
Sometimes they let the bigger kids go in the gym and play on the toys. Its nice when there are a ton of kids in one room.
Ethan was super charged to workout this morning!
Just for fun, here's some other cute pics I found on my mobile uploads.
The double cart at Sam's Club is so much fun!
I always told myself I would NEVER let my kids 'drive' a grocery cart because then they would ALWAYS want to drive a grocery cart and I didn't want to have fits. I caved for some reason and they had the BEST time in it!! Now when we go into stores with those types of carts, sometimes they cry and whine about it but most of the time, they don't even notice them! I lucked out.
Now that its getting more into late fall, the playdates have tapered off a bit and we are looking for more inside activities. Library story hour was not a success though....maybe next year she will be interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment