Monday, March 21, 2011

Isabelle's party



Birthday Girl in her birthday tutu.


Mommy, Isabelle and Daddy....where's Ethan?

There's Ethan! With Aunt Angie!
Opening and reading one of many cards and gifts.
5 of the 8 Smith cousins - Uncle Nick, Avery, Grant, Holly, Isabelle, Bennett and Bryson

Cute new lawnchair and matching unbrella!


We had Isabelle's birthday party at the Holiday Inn this year. Mom and Dad always get a room there when they come down so we decided to just have the party there this year. We had a blast swimming and playing in the pool. There weren't a lot of other people there so it was nice. The Durbin cousins and the Smith cousins all played and swam. Isabelle got a lot of fun gifts and some outside toys for the spring. We had pizza, cake and ice cream and for a change, I served some healthy snacks this year. Before the pizza, we had celery and apples with peanut butter and grapes.

After the party, the Smith cousins had fun playing in the arcade and swimming. Bennett and Avery were staying with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend and Uncle Nick and Aunt Angie decided to get a room at the hotel too so Grant and Bryson stayed and swam too. It was a late night, I think we got home at 11. Everyone was exhausted!!


The next morning, they came over to the house for a bit. I was in the middle of putting up some hooks in the closet so I had some clothes on hangers laying over the changing table. I had Isabelle up there and was snapping up the back of her shirt, when she reached over and touched the lightbulb in her lamp. It got her pretty good.....3 little blisters on her left first finger and palm. We iced it for the rest of the day and Grandpa went to the store to get some burn medicine. It finally healed up in about a week but it looked so painful. We put a lot of ice on that the next few days and she had some doses of Tylenol. I don't think she'll do that again. Now she always points out that lightbulbs are hot and "Don't touch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment