Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day 2011

We had a fun Father's Day weekend. Saturday, Daniel and I had some couple time and spent the morning getting massages and having lunch together. It started out as a father's day gift but then I thought I deserved one too so we got cousin Taylor to babysit for the morning and had some times to ourselves. After massages and lunch, we went to Babies R Us to use some coupons to buy diapers...it was nice to just be by ourselves in a store! No one crying or fussing, or wanting out of the cart, or wanting to be carried or pulling everything they can reach off the hangers.....


Daniel and his gifts from the kids that they made a 'school.' Of course, he couldn't wait till the real Father's Day to open those gifts and Isabelle was so excited to give it to him. She made a shirt that said, "Hands Down, you're the best!" with her little hand prints on it. Ethan made a coffee mug with his picture and footprint on it.



Isabelle was so proud of her hand prints. She likes to put her hands on them whenever he wears it...which has only been twice. Once when he opened it and once on Father's Day.



Proud Daddy with his Father's Day presents on the real day. Isabelle painted a little canvas painting for Daddy's office and I did a photo session of the kids wearing the shirts that Daniel was wearing when they were born. Of course, the 2 yr old didn't want to be in the 'Official Father's Day' pic with her dad. And Ethan is chewing on the frame. Nice. I'd like to say that I am a creative genius but I confess: I found both ideas on the internet. Not sure when or how I lost my creativity but I would like it back.


Here's the pic I framed for Daniel. I think it will look great on his desk at work.


Sunday we spend the afternoon at Daniel's parents' house, grilling and hanging out.



Aunt Theresa got out the pool over at Granny's. Isabelle and Rio had fun splashing around and keeping cool.




"I want Elmo." "No, I want Elmo." " I want Big Bird." "No, I want Big Bird."



Cousin Rio loves Ethan!!




Happy little baby in a pack n play full of toys! (Keeps the dogs away from him.)



I tried something different with this post...different size pics. I wanted to put them side by side and do some other fun things with them. How do you do that, fellow bloggers? Any suggestions are welcome. I look at other blogs and they are super cute (I know, cutestblogontheblock.com - I've done that before) but the formats are way cooler than my plain jane one. Oh well. I used to be fairly good with computers....it seems to have left with my creative juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment