Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mini Getaway to Grandma & Grandpa's

We headed up to my parents' house the end of June thru the 4th. I had a whole 6 days off from work and that NEVER happens so we decided to try to make it into a mini getaway and do some fun things too. We didn't end up doing many fun vacationy type things but we were together with family and thats what matters.



Thursday we went to King's Pointe in Storm Lake. My mom and Daniel and I took Grant and Bryson and met Erin and the kids there. Later, Grandma Arla, Aunt Debby, her granddaughter Megan and Aunt Becky met us too. We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed some fun in the sun. We were pretty impressed by it and plan on going back again this summer!




I love small town Iowa. Just love it! I ended up sitting on the edge of the pool right next to my junior high English teacher! (And she's also a distant cousin!) It was fun to see her, meet her kids and husband and catch up. Small world. Not really, its just Iowa. This is a pic of her daughter and Isabelle playing in the water.


They have a little place with fountains away from the zero entry pool just for the babies...it was nice. No crazy kids running through, splashing the little ones. Love it.


Monkey and Freckles
Not a flattering pic at all. I was the sunscreen nazi that day. I think I put it on the kids at least 4 separate times, not counting before we left my parents'. No one got burned though!



Ethan had fun just playing in the little fountains. It was shaded so I didn't need to be so paranoid about the sun on his little head but he wore his hat without too much of a fuss.








He was tuckered out after all the sun and playtime. Great Grandma Arla held him while he chewed on his thumb. He got his first tooth the next day!



Grandma and Isabelle had fun playing in the water.


Isabelle and Megan loved playing with the baby kitties at Grandma Arla's house! Isabelle did pretty good with it...gentle but possessive.






The pictures were still uploaded in a smaller size....and I don't know how to make them side by side...oh well.



I got a new camera from Daniel for my birthday. Its a pretty nice upgrade from my old one. A digital point & shoot type, nothing too fancy. I think it has more features than my old one, I haven't had the chance to read up on it. so know I am not using it to its full potential yet. It takes pretty nice pics though.

We set up the pool at Grandma's house and just hung out one day.


This camera has a zoom that is way better than my last camera. Bryson running up from the shed. Its a long ways - check out that zoom!


The cousins racing up to the pool...if you look closely, you can see Isabelle and her little legs trying to keep up.





"Whew, that's a long way!!"




Chillaxin.


My cousin Shawn and his wife Julie were down for the weeknd from Grand Forks. They are expecting their first little guy in late August.


Aunt Angie and Uncle Nick


Daddy and Mommy.....'vacation mode' (ie. no make up)


Celebrating me and Ryan's birthdays. Ryan has 2 candles; one for his 29th birthday and one for graduating from NIACC last spring. We haven't had the chance to officially celebrate that yet.


Sparkler cascade. This cameral rocks for nighttime pics compared to my last 2 cameras!


It has a decent flash too! With my Sony cameras, the dark pics would just be blurry, even in night mode. I know, I am getting excited over some little things but pictures are huge to me!!


Ethan scrub-a-dubbing in the tub after a big day of sunscreen and bug spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment