Thursday, September 30, 2010

18 month check up


Isabelle had her 18 month check up today. She weighed 22lbs and was 32 inches tall. That puts her just over the 50th percentile for weight and only 10th percentile for height. Not a huge surprise there...she's always been a shorty! She is right on track developmentally. They thought she was ahead for talking - yep, we knew that! The doctor suggested just working on colors, numbers and the alphabet - which we are already doing. I asked about the rash from her paci around her mouth and we got a cream to put on it. Also, I asked if she might be anemic since she loves to eat ice. I had heard that was a sign of anemia so why not check it out. Turns out she is a bit anemic and was also at her 12 month appointment. The doctor suggested a pediatric multi vitamin to help out her hemoglobin. This appointment was a little different because our regular nurse practitioner moved to a new clinic so we saw a new Dr today. I had been going to Julie for about 10 yrs...sad to see her go!

No comments:

Post a Comment