Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fun at the Clay County Fair

Trying on hats with Grandma at the Agrisafe Booth. She was a traffic-stopper! People walking by stopped to comment on her cracking herself up in the mirror!

Future nurse. Or doctor.

Baby goats.

"Milking" a cow.

Just one of Aunt Nanny's projects that she entered in the fair. We had fun finding all her projects! Isabelle was featured in some of her photography and scrapbooking catagories.

At the big train display. Isabelle had fun watching the tiny trains go by and looking at all the mini scenes that were set up.

Four generations - Holly, Grandma Rita, Isabelle and Grandma Joyce. Enjoying the fair together!

Little fair-goer.

Cousins Bryson and Courtney with Isabelle on the carousel.

Isabelle and I headed north for the World's Greatest County Fair on Monday and were able to stay until Thursday! We had so much fun! My aunt from North Dakota was back too so we got to hang out with her and her little dog, Junior. (Isabelle loved him!) We spent Monday evening at Grandma Arla's house and Grandma Rita came out to see us after work. Tuesday we went to the fair and met up with Grandma Joyce. (Isabelle sure has a lot of Grandmas!!) The weather was perfect! I'm pretty sure Iz enjoyed the fair more than she did last year - she was only 6 months old and missed out on all the good food! We made sure to see all the animals and even the little baby ones at Grandpa's Barn. I think that was new this year - which was great! I don t know why they didn't do that sooner! Now we might not have to fight the crowds and the heat at the state fair to see baby animals! I like this fair so much better anyway, probably because I know where everything is, every bathroom, every booth worth visiting, every good place to eat, etc.

The rest of the week we hung out at Grandma Arla's while Grandma Rita had to work. I worked on some sewing projects for my friend Josie's new baby boy. Aunt Debby had sewing stuff to do too - it was kinda like a little sewing sweatshop with Grandma Arla directing, teaching and fixing all our mistakes! We headed out to the fair again Wednesday evening to see cousins Grant, Bryson and Courtney. And to ride the carousel. The midway doesn't open until 3pm now and I really wanted the photo op on the carousel. Funny, I forgot she hated it last time we went on one. I thought maybe, just maybe, she would like it this time since she wasn't tired or hungry. She saw all the rides on our walk from the parking lot and saw pointing and saying "Whee!" so I had high hopes.....nope, she still hated it. I had to hold her the whole time we were on the carousel while she screamed, "All done!" and "No!" So then we tried the train. Cousin Grant took her on that...she wouldn't even sit down! So she sat that one out. Then Courtney asked her if she wanted to ride the carousel with her and she said yes! They tried getting on a horse but Isabelle wasn't having it. They sat on a bench instead. She might have even smiled a couple of times. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment