Thursday, September 2, 2010

Big Girl Bed - Nights 3 & 4

This was Isabelle today at snack time...chocolate pudding!!

Last night, Wednesday - Night 3, went OK. She did the same thing with her dolls and animals - put them in bed so they could go night-night too. Got out of bed once, then I shut the door. She didn't like that at all but stayed in bed as far as I could tell. Finally fell asleep in bed after 30 minutes or so. Yesterday, she fell asleep on the way home from Granny's so naptime was easy. Today..not so much. It took her about 45 mintues to settle down and stay in bed. I tried rocking her, laying down with her in my bed, etc. Didn't work. So after all that, I just put her in bed and closed the door and she was asleep in 5 minutes. Nice!
Tonight, Isabelle was at Granny's again and fell asleep but woke up when we got there to pick her up. So she had a 20 minute power nap. We got home and she tried the same old tricks. After I shut her door, she got upset for a little bit but then entertained herself by kicking the wall - pretty hard because it was loud! I told her to stop and then of course, she wanted to be picked up. So we rocked for a bit, then she was ready to get back in bed - after going to see Daddy (already in bed) and seeing what was on TV (ISU football.) Out like a light in 10 minutes. I sure hope this weekend goes OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment