Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick update on Izzy B's busy life

"Dancing" at tumbling
Tiny Tumbler

Isabelle discovers Nick Jr.





No paci - going ok except for when she was at daycare on Monday and other kids had theirs but she didn't have hers...she cried non stop after getting up from her nap and through playtime until I came to pick her up early. She also had a low temp so maybe something else was going on. Like another tooth! I saw her bottom 'fang' tooth on the left side was coming thru the other day so maybe that was bugging her.

She's discovered PBS Kids and Nick Jr. Of course, she had some help from Mommy finding these little treasures. I never wanted to be a mom that just turns on the TV to keep her kids occupied but I think it might be the only way I can get somethings done around here before Baby #2 arrives! And on mornings when I have an appointment to get ready for, she's content watching the monkey show (Curious George) for at least 15 min before she runs to see what I am doing. Then she'll finish watching the show after she brushes her teeth with me or plays in the sink while I'm putting on make up or whatever...she's not completely leaving me alone but I do get a little time to myself - just enough to speed up getting ready to venture out in public.
Isabelle has become quite the little monkey herself. She started climbing up and into her high chair - I still don't know how she did it. For the longest time, she couldn't climb anything, not even the couch. I guess she's finally gotten tall enough! So now she's climbing into her chair, onto the couch, on to the toilet (and turning on the water in the sink), climbing onto our bed, onto the rocking chair (and grabbing her piggy bank and other breakables we thought were safe there for a while), pushing chairs over to the kitchen sink and then climbing onto them to help me do dishes....we really took her short stature for granted! Now she's at least able to touch the doorknobs in the house. Only a matter of time before she can open them. Guess we'll have to figure out a new way to keep her from playing in the bathroom sink.

Isabelle never ceases to amaze me. Just in the last couple of weeks, she has really began to sing along with her CD in the car! She knows so much more of the songs that we thought she did. The other day, we were at Aunt Kim's house and Kamyrn had her Brown Bear, Brown Bear book. Kim noticed she was singing the song that goes with it - we don't even have that book! She must have learned it at daycare. She can also say most of her ABC's now, not just sing the ending. And we counted our toes a couple of times one day and now she can count to 10! Most of the time, anyway. She leaves out 4 and 5 sometimes but she still knows the rest! I am truely amazed by her everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment