Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Big girl bed - Night 1

The "big girl bed" all jazzed up with balloons.

Yay, balloons!
I think I will like my new big girl bed!!


Last night was Isabelle's first night in her big girl bed! We tried to make a big deal of it and hype it up as much as we could. To help hype it up, we tied balloons to it, thinking that would make it seem so much cooler. I think it may have worked.... Isabelle really liked the balloons until they got loose and ended up in our ceiling fan. She wasn't a big fan of that. Anyway, when it was time to go to bed, she didn't have much of an issue. Daddy and Isabelle have their own little routine now so he just laid her down after singing to her and she stayed in bed. It was a miracle! I was so nervous about that, I figured she would be up, playing, getting into her drawers, etc. About an hour later, she was crying because she had fallen out! It didn't take much to get her calmed down and back in bed. I think I was up about 5 times to go to the bathroom and each time I checked on her, she was still in bed but crooked or upside down or some weird angle. But still in the bed! This morning after Daniel left for work, I could hear her moving around in there so I stuck my head in to check on her...yep, she was awake. So our day started at 6:30. She was so tired at lunch, she fell asleep so I don't know how naptime will truly go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment