Um, I don't know if I like this....
Today we had TWO playdates! One was this morning with Dallas and Jill from work and their little ones. We met at Union Park to play and ride the carousel. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun! Isabelle had fun climbing all over the play equipment...actually she had to be lifted up quite a few times because there were some pretty big steps! And there was a tunnel slide all the way at the top but she had to crawl through a tunnel first to get to it. Of course, since it was so high and there weren't bars to keep her from falling off in one direction, mom crawled through the tunnel too - a couple of times. Not so easy for mom to do being 6 months pregnant. But I'm a nervous nelly when it comes to heights, saftey and my Isabelle so I followed her. By the time the carousel opened, Isabelle was hungry and ready for a nap. She didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped. She was clinging to me and fussing but since it was 2 for 1 day, we got to ride it a second time. She would have liked to get off but we tried sitting on a bench instead and tried riding a different animal...no such luck. She kept saying, "No no" and "All done." So I held her for the 2nd ride. Afterwards, the other kiddos went for another ride and Isabelle ate a couple of apple wedges and fell asleep on my lap. She was one tired girl!!
Later in the evening, we met Josie and Becky at the mall to play. There were a lot of rambuncous older boys there, who Isabelle was watching and following a little too close for my comfort. (That's where she'll learn her bad habits! AGH!) The girls had fun playing and we decided to eat dinner at Old Chicago. Isabelle was losing her patience and I remembered why I don't eat at restaurants that aren't fairly quick - like McDonalds or any Mexican place. All she wanted to do was run around the restaurant. Once the food came, she was content - for a while. Then I held her on my lap while she ate my bread and waved hi to the kids sitting next to us. Josie and I decided that we will have to go out for a grown up dinner after her baby is born -its been a while for both of us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment