Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back to work

My monkey

Cousin Grant LOVES baby Ethan!!

Isabelle, Ethan and cousin Avery

Cousins: Eden 8months and Ethan 2.5months

Naptime with flowers

Last night was my first night back to work. I got cancelled for the first 4 hrs so I didn't have to go in until 11pm. It was nice to only have to do an 8hr shift and it was only for one night. I don't work again until this weekend - and that will be 3 nights in a row! That will be the test. Even though I had 4 hrs off last night to enjoy being with the kiddos, I bawled the entire time! I just didn't want to leave them. I know they are sleeping and don't even know I am gone but I think its a control thing. I just feel more in control of everything when I am home. I suppose everyone does. Its just nice to be able to make dinner and eat it without being rushed, to give the kids baths in the evening and not at 6pm after you've scarfed down dinner, to be able to clean up the kitchen afterwards and not just leave it to come home to in the morning. I guess regular moms feel the rush in the mornings before they go to work and I feel it in the evenings before I leave for work. So it all evens out, huh?

So my plan is to keep the kids home with me on my first night of the week (like a lot of other girls at work do) and just sleep when the kids nap. I tried that. I've been trying that almost everyday we are home for a couple weeks now. They have napped at the same time once. Once. I guess I will be drinking a lot of coffee on my first night of work every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment