The kids and I got together with my friends Sarah and Heidi and their kids the other night. Heidi's little guy was born almost 3weeks after Ethan. Sarah has 2 boys too...lots of boys! Looks like Izzy will be the only girl at our get togethers!
Ok, so it wasn't that bad. Could have been a lot worse.
Friday morning, I dropped the kids off at daycare, took Daniel to a Dr appointment and went to the Y to work out. When I got home and it was just me...I couldn't stop crying. I felt so guilty for being at home, without my kids, while I was paying someone else to watch them. I knew I needed to sleep to try to catch up on some before I had to work for 3 nights but my mind was racing. I was nervous to leave the kids home, nervous to be gone from Ethan so long, nervous about my milk supply, nervous to really get back into the swing of things at work.
The weekend went well. It was OK. I survived, the kids survived, Daniel survived (although I did worry about him...) I was kind of surprised. It was nice to be able to have them home when I was sleeping. I know I was sleeping but it made me feel better know I could nurse Ethan all day when he needed to eat and that if Daniel needed anything, I was right there and he could wake me up. We did have a small issue...Dots was left at daycare Friday afternoon so I got up in the middle of my night to drive there and get her. Not sure how Isabelle made it Friday night without her!
Monday morning finally came around and I went over to daycare to feed Ethan right after work. I like doing that, works out much better than when Isabelle was a baby and I came home, fed her, took her to daycare, came home and then slept. That's a lot of running around and not much sleep! A HUGE thank you to Natalie for offering to take them to daycare - in addition to taking Daniel to work. She is a saint!! I really appreciate the sleep and the less-hectic feeling I have on those nights I work since they are picking them up too.
No comments:
Post a Comment